Post by 𝒮𝒶𝓂𝓂𝒾𝒾ℯ on Jul 22, 2018 9:54:30 GMT
As these days melt on by, our new layout gets closer and closer to rollout! Are you excited? Because we definitely are! We’re just putting on the finishing touches these last days - soon we’ll have a new style with a few cool, new features that we hope will make the board easier to use for everyone!
July Spotlights & An Update
Male of the Month: @numb
- he’s a really great guy to talk to with some really great characters!
- His writing style is amazing, and his characters, especially Manitou, are very interesting! Numb is a joy to talk to in chat as well!
- Numb is hands down one of my favourite members to plot and thread with. His characters are so intricate and his writing is so beautiful. He is also so much fun to talk with and is just generally a great person!
- I just love his dedication, writing, and overall spirit on this site. It's a awesome pleasure to read his threads; I'll miss Vulcan but I understand letting peeps go <3
Female of the Month: 𝒮𝒶𝓂𝓂𝒾𝒾ℯ
- For doing so much work on the site, both that we saw in the last Canine Chronicle, behind the scenes, and in character, as well as always being fun to chat with on the Discord!
- She is an excellent admin and helper. She's awesome with helping, her coding is amazing, and she is overall a great admin!
- I think that she worked her but off for this month and she truly is Female Member of the Month.
- Sam is an awesome member of staff that takes every issue seriously instead of just blowing it off. I can tell she works hard for this site and most certainly deserves some recognition!
- Just because of how hard she's worked her butt off this month.
- Their "bromance", despite both of their hardened exteriors, creates a really fun dynamic both to read and take part in.
- They have such a charming friendship and their affection for each other is very sweet. Their relationship is strong and you can see that they value each other very much.
Thread of the Month: BE HUMBLE
- It's about time that someone took Fitore down a peg, but beyond that all the character dynamics are delicious to watch.
- This thread is so good for Outlaw and Fitore's character development. I also love reading all of the reactions of the Saints. Some are getting excited, some are laughing, and some are heartbroken.
Scariest of the Month: Daire
- It's clear just how badass she is. Her accent is just the cherry on top of her "no bullshit" attitude.
- She is a pretty scary dog. Sammiie did a great job with her, and I love reading Daire's posts. She's just like that one person that walks by and everyone gets terrified of her and bows down. She's so merciless and I love it!
- She really stood out to me this month and the previous one as her ruthless nature shone through in all of her threads.
Funniest of the Month: @brutus
- A tough kid for sure and he's been growing in character recently, yet I can't help but chuckle at how unintentionally hilarious he can be sometimes. Brutus has tons of attitude and you can really see it.
Most Unique of the Month: @manitou
- She's such a soft little girl who's so nice yet she lives in such a terrible world. Her backstory really tugged at my heartstrings and I just love reading her posts, and how she gets all timid when first meeting someone in worry they'll hurt her. Manitou definitely deserves a place in the Spotlights!
- She is gentle and sweet and you can't help but feel moved whenever you read a post that pertains to her.
Quote of the Month
"'Course you wouldn't care, Bea, you don't care about anything." — @charlie- Such sass! And the way Beatrice snapped was perfect
Backed by popular demand, we’ve decided to start up “anonymous voting” for the Spotlights. Quite a few of our members have expressed that they like not knowing what was said about them until the spotlight announcement. And we think that’s a nice thought, too! So, going forward, all votes for the Spotlights should be PMed to the IF Staff Account. The Spotlights thread will be updated with this information shortly, so please refer to there if you have questions!
Despite there being quite a few concerns about members voting for themselves, at this time, we don’t think it’s something to make a rule about. If we find in the future that quite a few of our members are voting for themselves instead of branching out and reading other’s threads or following other’s plots, we might take a firmer standpoint on it.
We want to remind and encourage everyone that reading each other’s threads can be both inspiring and help you become a better writer and roleplayer! Other people’s plots could give you ideas for your own plots or perhaps you find a particular style one roleplayer does and want to try to apply it to your own writing! This is the beauty of collaborative writing.
New Month & New Plot Chapter
December finally comes to an end, bringing forth January with a new chapter in our Sitewide Plot! Komorrah is colder, the weather is harsher, and the tensions between the gangs seem to heighten as dogs begin to disappear, unexpected alliances are made, natural disasters occur, and fights break out.
Find more information on what’s going on in our next chapter HERE. Find the new timeline HERE.
As always, please remember to submit your finished threads to the MAINTENANCE THREAD for the TIMELINE with an engaging, yet brief description of what happened in your thread!
New Special Rank: Dodgers' Entertainer
The Dodgers finally got their own Special Rank: Entertainer! The Entertainer is a glorified storyteller, historian, and actor combined into one! The Entertainer is expected to both entertain pups and keep legends and culture alive within their gang, and may even share stories with other gangs. Those who hold this rank are usually a colorful bunch, able to tell a dramatic story to keep their listeners on edge and enthralled.
The Entertainers are responsible for getting together and planning out plays and skits, and may even sometimes pull dogs from other jobs in to help with the theatrics if they feel it necessary. You'll sometimes even find that they've gathered a bunch of gang puppies together for a Brats' recital!
We'll soon have the requirements listed on the Dodgers' Job Page in the Guidebook!
Komorrah's Legends & Storybook
If we have storytellers, we need to have stories for them to tell, don’t we? This is where Infidelis’s new storybook comes in! Up to this point, no religion or ancient history has been touched on in character for the dogs of Komorrah. Now they have both! You can read up on their take on the world's creation or past leaders and gods HERE. Ever so often you might find that a new and important story has been added to the book, so be sure to check in often!
In character, the Entertainers will tell these stories during ceremonies and events, or sometimes just for fun. These stories are meant to be significant and keep spirits high, so retellings are extremely important.
Our Art Contest is Back!
It's back and we've opened it in advance for August! The theme for August is "sickness," which could range from a variety of illnesses, but we thought it was fitting - mostly because of what's going on with the Crabs this in-game month! Feel free to take your artistic freedoms and make something cool! Submit your pieces to the Art Contest thread!
High Ranks Are Still Open!
Hey remember our High Ranks? I know we’ve made them a little harder to obtain now, but we haven’t heard anyone talking about them
Just as a reminder to everyone, these are the current High Rank positions that are open:
- Healer Lieutenant
- Walker Lieutenant
- Scraper Lieutenant
- Healer Lieutenant
- Healer Enforcer
- Explorer Enforcer