Post by 𝒮𝒶𝓂𝓂𝒾𝒾ℯ on Nov 21, 2018 7:59:18 GMT
The Canine Chronicle
Man, November’s been a crazy, busy month so far with all these fun things to partake in! As always, we need to announce some awesome things we’ve got cookin’ in the background! Remember that advertising contest? Yep, there’s word on that here! As well as a few new things we’re introducing this month. Remember that survey a few days ago? Yep! We’re offering a word on that! Stay tuned and read up on some November news!
First Place: @astaroth with 17 posts, winning 250 Kibble.
Second Place: Jaladri & Reisha tied with 14 posts each, winning 100 Kibble.
Third Place: @whiskey with 12 posts, winning 50 Kibble.
Congratulations to those who have won! Your prizes have already been sent to your player accounts!
Member of the Month: Dragons
- "I swear I see her face every time I pop into the Discord chat, and it is awesome. She's always there talking and making plots, and she's just fun to talk to!"
- "Despite being fairly new to the site, she's just immersed herself into our culture! She's been really active with posting, plotting, and chatting. I def think Dragons deserves the recognition!"
- "She's done a really good job trying to recruit people to our site and she's just a pleasure to hang out with!"
Duo of the Month: North & Astaroth
- "I knooow one is my character but I honestly think they have such a neat dynamic. I'm mainly doing this because North is so brave but bratty. She's helping this terrible dog and it's so amusing to see her rationalize it."
- "Such an interesting duo, and I really want to see where their story goes in the future!"
- " Astaroth and North are really the only choice this month; their dynamic in Look, I'm Red too has been a joy to read thus far and I can't wait to see how their relationship progresses in this thread and in many others!"
- " North and Astaroth are such a funky little team. I love seeing the two in 'Look, I'm Red Too' gradually realizing that they're growing on each other. So awkward, but so cute."
- It's unsettling cause Astaroth is such a dang looney and you feel for North, but she can handle his crap and it's cool to see. In any case I'm a huuge sucker for the aggressive monstrous male and pretty smart female types of duos
- "Definitely gotta go with the majority here because I find it the most interesting that Daire's violent, bonehead brother can find someone that makes him feel warm inside and so, so confused about his otherwise cold, absent feelings. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where else their relationship takes them!
Scariest of the Month: Gwynlan
- "For one, I really want to step outside the box and vote for a character that's not so obviously scary, but scary in a different way. Gwynlan's death, while not on purpose lol, does make a scary turning point for the Crabs and definitely opens the eyes of the dogs in the gang that the sickness is serious!"
- "Her death represents the fear of disease and contagion everywhere, the knowledge that this thing you thought you could beat could actually mean the death of you. I've always had anxiety about illness, and this turn for the Crabs has been a chance to show that through Caspienne and, to a lesser degree, Thorn."
Funniest of the Month: Hodor
- "Haven't gotten to know this character all the way yet, but so far he's pretty darn goofy and adorable."
- "I never really got to read much of Hodor's posts, but from what I've seen, I really like him! He's pretty adorable and funny, like most puppy characters I've seen!"
- "Hodor is the kind of funny that's endearing, to me. The kind of funny that when addressed by Crime goes “Oh, um, thank you. I mean—” and then realizes that there might be a problem here. Still, it's hard not to watch a big ol' fluffy baby bean run around and not be amused by him, so my vote goes to him!"
Most Unique of the Month: Kacela
- "Kacela's backstory is truly amazing and her bird companion is so unique! Misfit introduced a new character using new material on Infidelis - a character from a very far away place!"
- "She is truly unique, both in physical appearance and backstory. The fact that she used her bird to make it across a desert to find the ocean is pretty incredible. I think that she'll make an amazing addition to the Crabs."
Thread of the Month: Say You're Here And It's All Over Now
- "There's a lot of passion and fear in dogs that knew Gwynlan well who just want to see her okay again and those who maybe didn't know the dog but know that this means they're no longer safe from the sickness."
- "This is the wire for the Crabs! A turning point that is bound to set different reactions in different dogs. I picked this thread because I think this one was a bold event that is sure to set the plot down an interesting road from here on out."
Quote of the Month
"C'mon, get up. You gotta get up. You need to feed Fishbone, right? And, and-- y-you were supposed to show me how to scrape with a b-bird... Remember? ...Gwyn? ...Gwynlan?" -- Gilligan , Crabs Scraper
- "Gilligan's quote here reminded me a bit of the Lion King when Simba finds his dead dad -- and man, that scene gave me the feels! This one didn't make me cry, but it definitely set the desperate mood for the Crabs. Dogs that knew Gwynlan for a long time weren't expecting her death - and Gilligan's quote really set up that feeling in the thread!"
- "Hi I'm Noly and I just got here, but thanks for ripping my poor little heart out of my chest... like...? Immediately???"
- "It's such a heartbreaking quote, resembling the sadness of Gwyn's death."
- "I wanted a heart wrenching quote originally but I posted my votes before Gilligan decided to RUIN OUR HEARTS. THANKS. I actually teared up from this, it hurt you monster. Great job with the emotion though."
All Spotlight awards have been given to their players' winning accounts!
New Discord Server Fun!
We’ve decided to start up a little fun in our Discord Server! We’ll be hosting a bunch of fun, little events on our Discord to build relationships and just have some fun! Keep an eye out for a new channel with some upcoming dates for when these little events will take place!
Enter The Interns
We’re looking for some awesome people to help out around Infidelis! Those who are interested can sign up for small maintenance jobs to earn some Kibble! Some of these jobs will include helping out with the Timeline, “hall-monitoring” the Discord, or posting Link Back Ads - things like that! Sometimes the jobs will be for a set number of tasks - other times the jobs will be for a set amount of time. For example, we may ask you to write up 10 missing descriptions for threads on the Timeline or ask you to monitor the Discord for a week.
And who knows! We might just like your work enough to make you a Mod ;p
Keep your eyes peeled for some tasks to go up in the maintenance threads area
Represent Us, Get A Reward!
It’s as easy as that! If you’re chatting on a resource site like Adoxography, RPG Initiative, or RPGFix, add our button or banner to your signature. Once its up, come back and show us to get a small reward of 50 Kibble for your good deed! Head over to the advertising board to find the graphics you can use or feel free to use your own!
Fines for Missed Activity Checks
From this moment forward, every person who is caught repeatedly missing the Activity Checks will be fined 50 kibble! It is your responsibility to stay on top of the Activity Checks! They are held consistently at the 5th - 10th of every month. This gives you five days to let us know you’re still around and still intend to keep playing all of your characters. This helps us update our logs, too. Please make sure you stay on top of these!
You will not be fined for your first offense, but you’ll be fined for any missed checks afterwards!
NPC Miniature Profile
With everyone either buying, trading, or just making use of their Companion Animal Tokens, we needed a place to be able to showcase a small profile dedicated to just NPCs! You can post and list this template on your Personal Board, or if you want, you can have a staff add it to your character’s application thread for tidiness and easy-keeping! Just let a staff know you’d like your post to be moved, and it will.
In the meantime, you can find the NPC Profile here.
Surely you guys aren’t all tuckered out already from all the contests and fun?? Has everyone submitted their Spooky Adoptables? Bobbed for an Apple (and a prize)? Swapped an item in the Item Swap? Guessed the Kibble in the kibble jar? Signed up for the Ruffle? There are tons of prizes to be won!
Good luck to those competing in the Tug of War contest! We can already see that it’s going to be a close win! Each team’s doing great with their posting, and they’ve already unlocked really awesome prizes! Keep posting for even better ones!
The Greatest Gift of All!
There are two really amazing people who have stuck with us since the beginning! @gunner and @daniel have been with us longer than anyone else and have remained members of Infidelis for an entire year! Not only do they deserve a shoutout and our unconditional gratitude, but we’ve decided to reward them for their loyalty with an Infidelis birthday gift!
And we extend that big, warm thank you to everyone else who has been a part of our community - whether it be one month or six months - you’re all a part of this, all helping to make it a great community long term! So, here’s a shoutout to all of you as well! <3
Be sure to participate (if you haven’t already) in the contests, raffles, and giveaways before the 31st! We’ll be wrapping everything up by the 31st and announcing the winners and giving out prizes in early December! It’s flying up fast, so don’t forget to carve a pumpkin or make an adoptable, bob for an apple, or enter the Ruffle before time runs out!
As if our Autumn Festival wasn’t enough excitement, we’re planning to roll out a few large-scale contests next month to celebrate gift-giving, new horizons, and everyone’s favorite: winter! Expect these contests, including that advertising contest we’ve been mentioning for months, around the time our Autumn festival wraps up -- see you there!