Canine Chronicle Oct 6, 2019 8:21:39 GMT
Post by 𝒮𝒶𝓂𝓂𝒾𝒾ℯ on Oct 6, 2019 8:21:39 GMT
Hey guys! We hope everyone is having a good October! Below is just a few things we’ve been working on for the site, so sit tight and get your read on!
Our Monthly Announcements
SEPTEMBER'S TOP POSTERS
1st Place: Karma with 19 posts.
2nd Place: Judah with 12 posts.
3rd Place: Crime and Rayne with 10 posts.
Congratulations to those who have won! Your prizes have already been sent to your player accounts!
SPOTLIGHT PLAYER: Samhain
- They've only started not too long ago but they're already so eager to get into the game, make new characters, plus develop and write their existing characters. Despite being a newer member they are really dedicated! :3
- Super friendly and lovely to talk with! Samhain has jumped right into things and has some nicely developed characters. I really look forward to threading with Setanta soon! Samhain also writes beautiful posts that keep you interested the whole way through.
- They have such lovely characters and an eloquent, charming writing style. Their posts are a treat!
- I really feel this player needs some recognition for their writing skills and friendliness. They bring forth some wonderfully fleshed out characters and are always happy and ready to rp with anyone. Great addition to the IF family and I'm excited to see what else they decide to bring to the table.
- I haven't seen much of them since I've been pretty absent, but from what i have seen and heard, samhain sounds like a great candidate! their writing style is lovely, they have a good vibe going, and i cant wait to see even more of them on the site
PERSONAL PLOT: Yuzen & Zhiva
- I am super excited to see how their plot unfolds - both feeling burnt by Karma and banding together leads me to believe that there will be some drama in the future! Tied in with Zhiva's jealousy of Ramsay, this personal plot has the potential to be a big deal for the Saints.
- I have a love for characters with a silver, and sharp, tongue and these two...oof. With Zhiva's newfound dislike and jealousy of Karma along with Yuzen's...usual, they create a spicy, and very dangerous, combination that I can't wait to see more of!
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT: Rocco
- Always an active character and I love reading their mindset, Sativa writes it wonderfully. I think the bully brute is funny and true to his nature always and continues to shock and surprise as he grows up on the IF boards.
- I love how Sativa has managed to give Rocco, the big, angry bully, more layers! As someone who also roleplays a...big, angry oaf, it can be incredibly hard to protray other emotions since they don't usually just come right out and say 'hey, I like you'. Through actions, inner thoughts, and gestures, we're allowed to see another side to him, and I can't wait to see more! Not to mention, I like seeing his anger itself develop, such as his newfound distaste of Daire and distaste for Diablo!
FAN FAVORITE: Be'Khatsa
- For easy reasons. He's a child in a beast's body, simultaneously a part-time brute.
- Be' is life. I love him so much, how could you not?!
- Be is pretty easy to love, given he's one of the biggest character's on the sight but he's...a goofball. A total clown. Kinda a moron. He's lovable, and its easy to forget that he can very likely just sit on you and suffocate you. Warpaint does a wonderful job in portraying him, and I can't wait to see more of him on the forums!
THREAD: The war starts with a bloodstained ground
You can read it here!
- Love it. the whole speech by karma was just so powerful and inspiring and i thought it was written extremely well. makes me love karma even more.
- I think this is a very powerful thread, the tides are turning and Silvy wrote Karma potently. You get chills reading the seething anger Karma is experiencing, it is also foreboding about the new changes coming.
- Bringing together the city's toughest gang in a fiery pit of bloodlust and vengeance is a rather terrifying concept.
- Has got to be my first choice simply for the speech Karma gives as she rallies her dogs to her in a heated moment of anger and sheer hatred for the human race.
"I want to see teeth stained with blood. I want the streets to run red." - Karma
- I'd have to also agree with this being spotlight. the way she words things (credits to silvy for that) just makes her seem so cool and powerful and ah i love it.
- It's powerful, it's to the point and it's totally Karma in nature. The quuen doesn't dissapoint on her speeches and always delivers a memorable punchline.
- It's a perfect example of how unapologetically ruthless her character is. The quote itself is an open invitation to tear into anything that crosses gang borders, while implying that nothing is safe.
- I know this quote comes from the same thread that I nominated for the thread spotlight, but this is the reason I loved the thread so much. Karma's speech just kinda gives you goosebumps.
All Spotlights and Top Posters have been given their prizes! Enjoy!
As a side note, please remember to only submit a character for a single category! Example: Submitting Bob the dog for both Fan Favorite and Featured Personal Plot, give some other's time to shine! The only exceptions to this are the Spotlight Thread & Quote OTM!
September's Top Voter
Unfortunately, no one voted at least five times in September, so there's no one to give a prize to :C
Keep on voting for us on the Topsites for awesome prizes! Our highest voter for the month gets a prize, but you gotta vote at least 5 times to qualify! c:
FAQ'S POPPING UP AND AROUNDWith all the uncertainty floating around regarding how claiming Kibble and Junk Stash icons work, we’ve added a few FAQs in the right places!
Eventually, our board FAQ will be updated with more relevant information as well; in the meantime, please continue to use the Help forum or the #Help channel on our Discord server!
JUNK STASH UPDATEGoing forward, Junk Stashes will be per player, not per character. We think that this will make it easier to collect all the pieces for a prize! At the moment, not even our long-term players have been able to collect all the pieces =/
Those of you with multiple Junk Stashes will be expected to switch them over to just one! If you need assistance, please post in the Kibble Claim thread and we’ll help you out!
LOWERING BARC SHOP PRICESOur Barc Shop got a bit of an overhaul - at least in prices! We’re hoping the new prices will make it easier for everyone to buy perks and art for their characters without having to sacrifice too much Kibble!
NEW TEIRNO SUBTERRITORIES + NEW BOARD NAMEWe’ve added a few more subterritories to Teirno to give it a bit more depth and adventure! We also gave the Forest / Farm area a new name - The Outskirts!
Timeline Maintenance + Adding Threads
When we first announced the Kibble prize for adding threads to the Timeline, we thought it’d explode much bigger. Seeing now that only a few of you have actually taken advantage, we feel that we can open it up a bit more. Previously, there were restrictions on who could add threads and who could earn Kibble - we’re removing those. Anyone can add any thread to the Timeline with a brief, descriptive description. However, it still stands: if the thread is already on the Timeline with a description, etc, you get nothing. So, please make sure you check the timeline before submitting anything to Thread Maintenance for Kibble!
If you’re hard up on Kibble, why not look back to our previous month timelines and add in a description where they’re missing! You’ll get 10 Kibble per thread you update, and if you’re a complete beast at it, you can make yourself a lot of Kibble for other things! C:
New Gang Colors
You’ve probably noticed already, but our gangs got new colors! To branch out from the darker, primary-colored ones we had before, we decided to spice it up a bit more and give them each their own individuality! Yay!
New Month + New Plot
Everyone rejoice! We’re finally moving on to April, and with it, we’ve got a new plot! With this plot, this time, we’re trying a more open-ended method with less sign-ups and more open prompts so that hopefully more of you will feel more comfortable participating at your own pace! There will still be a few sign-up threads of importance here and there with the posting window, but most of it would be open to you to participate at your own pace!
Additionally, we’re hoping doing it this way will help our months move along a lot faster, so instead of them drawing out for 6 real-time months, we can cap ‘em down to 2-3 months! Our endgame goal is 2 months max, and hopefully we’ll get there soon! C:
November + Autumn Festival
Keep your eyes peeled for November! It’s our birthday month, so of course we’ve got some fun things planned! There will be lots of prizes to be won, if you’re willing to partake!