Canine Chronicle Nov 5, 2019 7:12:18 GMT
Post by 𝒮𝒶𝓂𝓂𝒾𝒾ℯ on Nov 5, 2019 7:12:18 GMT
Better late than never! We’ve got a small chronicle this month as we gear up for all the festivities for you guys later in the month! C:
Our Monthly Announcements
October's Top Posters
1st Place: Karma with 14 posts.
2nd Place: Be'khatsa with 12 posts.
3rd Place: Reaper with 9 posts.
Whoa! The Saints really made an impression this month! Congrats guys!
SPOTLIGHT PLAYER: Croft
- [She] has made both reaper and gabriel so intriguing to read! though they've only been here a short time, I really look forward to seeing more of their writing and plans for their characters!
- They are ever active on the discord and quite lovely to chat with, along with the fact that they are sincere in their concern for every member. They write absolutely wonderfully and I enjoy reading Reaper posts especially. I cannot wait to see what else they have to bring and offer to the gnarly world of Komorrah
- Croft has been super friendly and nice to talk to in the Discord, as well as bringing some very interesting, well written characters into the game.
- [Her] characters are da bomb! They are always friendly and helpful in Discord, and that's a great thing! <3
PERSONAL PLOT: "The Story of The Beast..."
Read it here!
- Who doesn't like motherly syracuse trying to hurdle all of her bratty children? i especially love smug phoenix, syracuse's devotion to "fix" her current attitude, and poor, traumatized kip.
- Not trying to toot any horns but this thread is fast becoming one of my favorites. Such vastly different personalities are being housed in this thread and I absolutely adore both Kip's and Phoenix's reactions. definitely a thread for some character growth as well.
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT: Fawn
- Silvy has grown Fawn slowly over the past few months and it is interesting to see her go from being incredibly timid to now becoming hardened by her misfortune.
- Fawn’s seen some thangs and been through some thangs! I’ve honestly found it entertaining to read about her misfortunes, but also see how she grows from them! I’m steadily waiting to see if we’re going to get an even more emotionally-broken Fawn in the future or the emotionally strong queen that’s been hiding in there the whole time!
FAN FAVORITE: Shakti
- Such a different dog in Komorrah! I love it. Sativa writes her beautifully and I'm excited to see what else she's going to bring. I like the idea of her crossing gangs in order to learn, its bold and creative.
- She's such a cool character, from her history to her awesome name! She doesn't get enough love on board for being so unique!
THREAD: Distort the Law, Perfect Deceit
Read it here!
- This was a super fun thread to participate in, and is packed full of action and excitement! I think this thread also really cements how chaotic and reckless the Yardies can be.
- Definitely a fun read - Rocco and Diablo disrupting nice, romantic dinners all around the restaurant, while Banshee and Harlot sneak the goods out the back! xD
"You either release that damn bird, or I am going to tan your hide six ways to Sunday, Phoenix!" -- Syracuse, in The Story of The Beast With The Four Dirty Paws
- Syracuse let her southern out a little and it made me snort, and not cute snort. I'm talking that my sister in the other room thought I was hacking a loogie kinda snort. But there is nothing more terrifying than a woman whom brings out her southern to scold you.
- Warpaint's entire post that this quote is from cracked me up and I really love her motherly threat lol It was absolutely perfect for the thread and especially fitting that this was yelled at Phoenix, since she is such a little brat.
- I love southern phrases like this! xD Plus, as Croft said, it shows a side that Syracuse normally doesn't show... so it's both colorful and a peek into her soul!
October's Top Voter
Congratulations to Croft , our Top Voter for the month! Croft’s helping us stay popular on our topsite listings and attracting new faces to the board. Thank you, Croft!
Please enjoy the Cat Character Token that’s been sent to your account!
All prizes have been sent to the winners of this month! There is no need to claim them! Thank you all and congratulations!
We’ve removed the need to purchase Kennel Slots from the Barc Shop, simply because it’s not fair to you guys that you need to pay to have your character(s) NPC’d.
So, we’ve opened it up! The Kenneling process still works the same on General Maintenance; the only difference is that now you don’t have to worry about “Kennel Slots”. Additional rules may be added at a future date, but as of now, the only rules in place for Kenneled characters are:
- Characters can be kenneled for up to 6 months; after the 6 months are up, you will either have to reactivate the character again or drop the character
- Kenneled characters still take up their slot; kenneling does not free up a slot to use for another character
Autumn Birthday Celebration
As we mentioned in the last chronicle, we’re hosting a few autumn-themed contests to celebrate Infidelis’ 2-year birthday bash and some belated Halloween shenanigans! We’re going to have a Trick-or-Treat Posting Contest, Apple Bobbing Prize Grab, and a silly Halloween Costume Art Contest! Be on the lookout! These contests will be available from November 15th - 30th!