Chapter 2: Season of Sorrows Jul 22, 2018 5:27:46 GMT
Post by Sammiie on Jul 22, 2018 5:27:46 GMT
Chapter 2: Season of Sorrows
Listed below are the main plot points of Chapter 2. For our sitewide plot to move on, we need these to be played out and completed by you! These plot threads should be prioritized! Please don't sign-up if you don't think you can stay on top of them!
If you wish to claim a position in a plot thread, simply post below with what character and which thread. You're allowed to sign up for multiple threads with multiple characters - just make sure that your characters' timeline won't clash and have them in two places at once!
A thread leader is responsible for both starting the thread and making sure the thread continues, including keeping tabs on whose turn it is to post. Please only claim "thread leader" positions if you know you can stay on top of the thread and get people to keep posting! This doesn't mean harass people, however. A friendly reminder that someone's turn is up is fine enough. Should their reply window run out, their turn can be skipped for that round!
Please make sure to mark plot threads with the new "P!" tag so we all know it's a significant plot thread!
If a plot thread calls for an important role (like a patrol leader), signing up for said role will automatically make you the thread leader. When signing up for a thread, please let us know if you're willing to be the Thread Leader!
Threads that are the direct result of another will go in chronological order with the next thread only being created after the other is nearly completed.
- JAN 02: Enraged by finding their former Boss' body desecrated and decaying in the Slums and then finding out that Daire basically confessed to putting her there in the first place, the Dodgers have had enough. They begin to delegate their next plan: what should be done about the Yardies who continue to take advantage of and disrespect them? Banna begins making preparations for the Dodgers to come together and attack the Yardies! A lesson must be taught: stop messing with the Dodgers!
- JAN 04: Anahi has been missing for two weeks now, and that's not like her! She's not one to wander away for long periods of time, and the Crabs are starting to worry! A few concerned gang members split up in search of the Healer, starting first with the Quarantine Caves, Cliffside Ridge, and finally the City above. The beach scent is curious. Cliffside Ridge hasn't seen Anahi in weeks. Dogs ask the Dodgers in the City about their gang mate, but don't come up with anything conclusive. However, the Quarantine Caves might hold the secret to where she's gone... or who has taken her.
Mingling with the muddled scent of another Crab and blood, Anahi's scent ends at the tide's edge on the beach, closer to Bays Thicket. Upon hearing the mysterious, troubling news, many dogs start to fear the worst. Is there treachery within the ranks? Is Anahi really hurt? Has someone taken her?
- JAN 05: It's about time Banna finally learns the truth about the Saints. Will it be a traitorous Saint who breaks the news or an attempt at Bribery? Perhaps a Dodger gets an up close and personal view of who the Saints really are? Or perhaps someone else comes forth with a good amount of information? In the end, Banna can't say the news surprises her. In lieu, she heightens security all over the city, focusing mainly on the borders.
- PARTICIPANTS: @banna , @thorn (one other)
- JAN 06: A droning engine is heard in the distance, rocks crunching under the wheels, brakes screeching. These are peculiar sounds for a place so long abandoned. Has The Man Who Feeds returned? Some curious dogs come out of their hiding places to investigate, tails stiff, unsure. Growls erupt from the less excited dogs who want nothing more than a quiet night's sleep. Looming figures exit the car, dressed in black. This doesn't look good. In the settling silence, there's a click, and they open fire, shredding any dog caught in the crossfire. The Yardies scatter like cockroaches, clutching tight to their last survival instinct: run.
- PARTICIPANTS: OPEN TO ALL YARDIES! Everyone is assumed to have escaped or died by the end of the thread. Please refer to this page for a more detailed run-through of what happened to the Yardies after they escaped and where your characters are assumed to have gone!
- JAN 10: The sickness plaguing the beach dogs takes a turn for the worst! Fever, starvation, and bacteria affect the dogs worse than before rendering them unable to breathe and unwilling to eat. During a rather cold night, Gwynlan, weakened by hunger, is the first to succumb to a raging fever. She is one of the few dogs to die from the illness, but the rest of the sick dogs do not look good! Attempts at administering herbal remedies do not seem to be effective at this point, which has taken the Crabs' last bit of hope away for curing this fatal illness!
- PARTICIPANTS: OPEN to Sick Crabs
- JAN 10: The Crabs hold a Still Blood Ceremony for Gwynlan. She is one of the first to actually die from the illness and this scares some of the dogs enough to make them question what the illness really is. Some take matters into their own paws and try to come up with a solution that actually helps their sick comrades. What herb is effective to this sickness? Others take to more effective means. Two dogs decide to confront the Vet Cat Timmy with questions. Though, everyone knows Timmy won't talk without a little persuasion: some nip, perhaps?
- PARTICIPANTS (Still Blood Ceremony): OPEN to ALL CRABS
- PARTICIPANTS (Vet Cat Thread): Prompt Pup (thread leader / Timmy), @grimsley , @kacela (Crabs only!)
- JAN 11: Dizzybird heads into the City in search of a more concentrated set of herbs he knows are located in a homeopathic store in the city. He intends to snatch some herbs from the store, but runs into Banna. He is, understandably, met with hostility, and quietly explains to Banna why he's there and why he refuses to leave. Will she help him or will she turn him away, despite the dire circumstances?
- JAN 13: Despite clear skies and sunny weather just days before, Saturday morning in Komorrah is a violent winter wonderland. Visibility is low and it seems that no one anywhere was prepared for such a large storm. Snow piles up quickly everywhere, 50 mph winds cause disaster, and natural consequences begin to happen all over Komorrah.
Please sign up below for a snowstorm-related prompt!
- PARTICIPANTS (3 CRABS): @jaladri , Valkyrie , @jack
- PARTICIPANTS (ANY GANG OR GROUP): @banna , @chase , Juno (3 Dodgers), @eve , @issue (2 Yardies), @tip (1 Crab), @hoku , @ace (2 Loners), @flintlock , @mouse (2 Cats)
- PARTICIPANTS (YARDIES ONLY): @whiskey , @lexa , @taz
- PARTICIPANTS (SAINTS ONLY): @beatrice , Beretta , @catalin
- JAN 15: With the snowstorm finally dwindling down, the aftermath of the snow finally settling in, and the city taking better care of it all, Banna sends out her Dirtpaw Spies to Richardson to get a better idea of how they're going to attack the Yardies. However, what the Dirtpaws report back is nothing anyone expected! The Scrapyard is overrun by humans, and there is not a dog in sight!
- PARTICIPANTS: @delta (thread leader), Bones , -- (Dodger Dirtpaws & Walkers only!)
Banna takes this as a win, a curious win, and decides to put her issues with the Yardies on the backburner for now to focus on other things, such as the spreading and worsening Crab sickness and their new neighbor: the Saints.
- JAN 16: The snow finally stops, but the temperature drops causing everything to quickly freeze over in Komorrah. The ice is slippery and it's everywhere! The car accidents begin to pile up again in the city and the slums, while the injuries and deaths accumulate all over Komorrah. If the dogs aren't careful, they might wind up just as hurt! One particular street in Blood Village is long, steep, narrow, and now slick with ice. Seven or eight cars had slid down it just this morning. Dogs are warned to stay away from it, but that's kinda hard when it's just outside the warehouse!
Two Scrapers are on their way out into the streets when a car creeps down the hill. Quickly, the situation turns sour as its wheels begin to slide and the car turns sideways and begins slipping at an alarming pace directly towards the Scrapers!
- PARTICIPANTS: @casimira (thread leader), @beatrice
- JAN 17: While wandering with a small band of dogs, Daire comes across a sprawling, yet crumbling castle encased in a tall chain link fence. The area around it is solemn and quiet as if there hasn't been life here for quite some time. It's quiet and forgotten, a perfect place to rest their rumps. Further exploration reveals that there's plenty of wildlife in the area, despite it being in the midst of River District. Overgrown grasslands and a dense population of trees cover the immediate area, a lonely cracked asphalt road leads up to the front steps of the building, though blocked off by the fence. Daire's awed by the size of the place. She decides that further investigation is required before she can say that they've found their new home.
- PARTICIPANTS: Threads related to this are open to Daire's group only! (no sign-ups necessary!)
- JAN 26: In the middle of the night in the cove, Prim begins choking and coughing in her sleep. At first, it's ignored as these things do happen on occasion - you swallow spit the wrong way or accidentally inhale some sand - but several dogs awaken when it continues, seemingly getting worse. "Can't... breathe..." she wheezes as loud as she can through raucous coughs. Hearing the commotion, a group of Healers root through the darkness to find their med kits and rush to her, hoping to save their Boss' life before it's too late!
- PARTICIPANTS: Dizzybird (thread leader), @jaladri , @seraphim (Crab Healers only!)
- JAN 28: A small pocket of Saints begin to feel ill, starting with Zhiva! While not life-threatening at this point, it is still a troubling revelation! Could it have come from the Crabs? Was making an alliance with them a bad idea? Some Saints begin to question whether Karma's decision was the right thing now that they realize they are at risk for catching the deadly illness the Crabs have!
Temporary Characters & Dying Crabs
this is not what bribery looks like
We're in desperate need for some terminally ill Crabs this month! Quite a few Crabs will have perished by the end of winter, though we do not expect member to kill off their beloved characters. In lieu of this, we've decided to open a few "temporary" character openings for members to play sick Crabs that'll eventually die off. Those who volunteer to play our terminally ill Crabs will be allowed to create the character without a character slot. Please read our FAQ below for a little more information on this!
Temporary Characters are to be killed off by the end of the in-game month. We expect you to have fun with their death threads
Please let us know if you'll be willing to play a terminally sick Crab and wait for our confirmation before beginning their application! One temporary character per player at a time please! If you wish to pick up another after your last dies, you can let us know in the next chapter!
Can I make any type of dog a sick Crab? Like Permabans and Limited Breeds?
No, we ask that you only make sick characters that would normally fall under the "Regular Character Slot" type.
What happens if I really like the temporary sick character I picked up and I don't want to kill them off?
You can keep them permanently, but you must ensure that you have the available slot first! If you don't, you may drop them and pick them up at a later time.
However, we hope none of our members will abuse this. Allowing you to make a temporary character is for our plot, to make things interesting, and to make the plot fun for everyone. We do understand falling in love with characters happens, but if we see people abusing this, we simply will stop allowing you to keep your temporary sick character and force you to kill them off in-game. Please don't do this!
Can I have threads based off the storm or any of the major events happening in this chapter?
Absolutely! These are what we call "spin-off threads"! Just please keep in mind, anything that your character would not realistically know is still off-limits though! For example, your Crab character commenting on what happened to the Yardies would be unrealistic. The only gang that knows at this point is the Dodgers, so unless they told your character about what happened, your character most likely wouldn't know.
However, events pertaining to their own gang are game, the storm events are game, and any threads that your character volunteers for (and whatever other threads you may want to have based on that) are game!