Canine Chronicle Mar 20, 2019 5:34:30 GMT
Post by Sammiie on Mar 20, 2019 5:34:30 GMT
The Canine Chronicle
Ooooh man! It’s inching towards spring here in the United States (and in Komorrah!), so exciting! We’ve got a few exciting updates and changes, as well as a contest coming up for our spring celebration and all that -- so keep reading for the changes, the updates, and the fun!
FEBRUARY'S TOP POSTERS
1st Place: @kaiser with 29 posts.
2nd Place: Alibi with 25 posts.
3rd Place: @bane with 14 posts.
Congratulations to those who have won! Your prizes have already been sent to your player accounts!
- She has been very warm, welcoming, and engaging with everyone and works hard to make the site better. She also has very awesome characters that are a blast to thread with and is always on Discord ready to have a nice chat!
- She demonstrates the most admirable qualities of an administrator and of a person: she is approachable, benevolent, humble, and patient. This much is evident throughout our Discord channels, in which Sammiie welcomes newcomers warmly, answers questions of mine and others patiently, addresses suggestions graciously, and engages members in amiable and humorous conversations. As for my perception of humility, my opinion is based upon an instance that regarded her writing abilities: Sammiie had recently requested candid opinions on a thread of hers and revealed doubt in her ability to produce interesting starters. (It can be noted that I, among others, enjoy her writing in addition to her personality.) She is, quite simply, an impressive individual and deserves recognition as such and for managing Infidelis alongside Silvy and, following their commendable promotions, Artsy and Rose. (Thank you, Sam, for all that you do.)
- A wonderful presence around the site and it is always a pleasure to get to see her about the site and discord, she always strives to make things inclusive and make everyone feel welcome which makes the site extremely enjoyable
- What more can I say? Sam’s great. There is no way, whatsoever, that I’d be able to run Infidelis without Sam. The work she does, and the quality in which she does it, is by far one of the best I’ve worked alongside in a long, long time. She’s a fantastic admin, and an even better partner. I can always, 100%, count on her. But, ‘work things’ aside, I genuinely enjoy talking to her. Our sense of humor click and she’s very sweethearted. I’m glad I’ve gotten to know her for so long!
DUO: Oceane & Caspienne
- I anticipated that their relay race thread would be a one and done kind of deal, but instead the new boss ended up with one of the most loyal friends she could hope for, and Caspienne got someone who didn't see her as an annoyance.
- The two of them playing a game and finding a way to have a good time in the midst of such a gloomy predicament is very sweet. Also they are an adorable duo!
- She’s been terrifying me since I started stalking this site. I think what’s so scary about her is not just the fact that she’s a cannibal, but the way she thinks of her own cannibalism and how masterfully that’s written out from her perspective that makes it really creepy.
- The idea behind her cannibalism is so well thought out and done, she feels genuinely terrifying in every thread I have seen her in, especially her acting as though a puppy she wished to eat was her own, a tactic I have not seen before but works well
- Ever since I joined this site (the first time, in 2017), I have always thought how absolutely terrifying and creepy she is. It's not just the cannibalism, it's also her appearance and personality overall. And she is so well thought out and played.
- He's adorable and hilarious, even if Thorn would think otherwise
- He's adorable and hilarious. I also love just how incredibly friendly he is. It's pretty refreshing in such a harsh world like Komorrah.
MOST UNIQUE: Crow
- He's a healer, but he's bad at it! A snake oil salesman. And his personality is very compelling. I love the idea of a self-aware cowardly dog that's still capable of doing good despite his questionable methods.
- I love that Crow is subtly "evil" in the sense that his motivations come before his patients' lives do. And he's not just one-dimensional, but instead has his own flaws, yet still builds himself up and creates his own "power" through the unfavorable deeds he does with his patients and medicine!
THREAD: I know you're a star
You can read it here!
- A great insight into both Kaiser and Alibi's minds, and is all around really sweet in that slightly bitter way.
- Who would have thought their thread would be so sweet? Of course, Alibi could melt even the coldest of hearts. I love how their thread is going!
- Their threads, the stars that bind us and I know you're a star, paint a picture of the Sun and the Moon on opposite sides of a night-coloured canvas; Kaiser being the Moon, calm and cold and stoic amidst a darkness that abuse, betrayal, and bloodshed had nurtured, and Alibi being the Sun that introduces him to the light which awaits him patiently at the end of the darkness. Their interactions, although simple, are riveting whilst they reveal to Kaiser the existence of goodness and innocence in the world besides his sister, Octavia.
“Yeah, well, there's no reason to be at each other's throats anymore, even if being fighters is the only reason that most of us are together.” -- @ray
- It's a nice perspective that most Saints could probably benefit from!
- I think it is a mindset that the rest of the Saints might need. And it also shows a bit of Ray that I really like.
Congratulations to our monthly spotlights! Enjoy our new way of displaying our winners in our info center! Your reward has already been sent to your accounts, enjoy!
So many new updates!
Gossip Channel & IC News
We introduced this last month, but completely forgot to explain it... so it’s finally time to know what that empty “IC News” is at the top of our header -- Introducing, the In-Character Newsreel!
Our In-Character Newsreel is meant to spotlight the best threads - perhaps you think they’re engaging, super dynamic, or important to the plot, whatever your intentions for wanting others to read this thread, it may just wind up on there!
In order to “submit” a thread for the IC News, just post a link to the thread in the #In-character-gossip channel. Doing so will potentially get your thread some more readers as well as show us that it’s something you believe is juicy or important! Threads submitted to the gossip channel are not guaranteed to make the IC Newsreel, but they have a chance to!
At this time, they only way to participate in this feature is on the Discord Server as it’s meant to be a fun, little add-on for the community! We encourage all members to pop into our Discord Server every once in a while and talk to us; it’s the best way to get to know us and your fellow roleplayers here!
We’ve been drafting up the Guidebook’s rework for quite a long time now, but finally it’s done! You may find that some pages no longer exist/have been joined together or moved. We hope that this version is a bit more efficient and easy to take in versus the older version!
We recommend everyone to read over the new Guidebook, especially the Rules, Plot & History, Activity & Posting, and Procedures pages, though all should at least be glanced at to familiarize yourself with the changes! Don’t worry, there are less pages than there were before, so it’ll be easier on you!
If you have any questions, find any broken links, or find something completely confusing, please reach out to us either by messaging @ifstaff or the #help channel within the Discord!
New Application Guide
You may, or may not have, noticed the Application template is gone, right? Fear not, both new and old members! Instead of placing all information of how to fill out Infidelis’ character application within the template itself, we’ve created a page for it! This new Application Guide, while a bit long, is a very detailed and is a much more thorough guide in how to fill out the character application. We recommend that even old members give it at least one read!
Auxiliary Character Requirements Check Update
We’ve changed the way we’re conducting our Auxiliary Character Requirements check! Instead of counting posts for the current month, we’ve decided to strictly count posts in previous months only. This is because while we know that everyone can be a posting beast when they want to pick up a new character, we want to see that you’ve had consistent activity over a longer period of time, and thus, we’re now checking the previous two months for adequate activity before accepting auxiliary character applications.
If rejected, it will always be done privately and we’ll always explain what the reason was for your rejection.
Please visit the Activity page for a more detailed explanation and rundown!
Minimum Age for Played Puppies
To avoid the awkward-potato-puppy stage, we’ve decided to put a minimum playing age of 2 months in place for puppies. This means that, going forward, any new puppy characters must be at least 2 months of age to join the board. Parents of onboard puppies are expected to use their offspring as NPCs until they are of age and can obtain a player to play them. For any questions on this, please ask!
Long Term WIP Board
We’ve decided that it was time to say goodbye to our Long Term WIP Board. From a staff point of view, it was not really contributing much save for being a community storage place. We think players could easily work on applications they’re not yet ready to post somewhere else potentially safer - like their Personal Board or posting a skeleton-version of the application on Google Docs!
We’ve sent all applications back to their owners before deleting the board, so please check your Private Messages!
Calling all artists!
Artists of Infidelis, would you like to contribute to making our board a much more enjoyable place? We’re looking for artists willing to collaborate with us on boardwide contests and such! We’d love to offer art as a prize for some of our contests, however, neither Silvy or Sammiie have any artistic skill!
We’d be happy to work out some kind of incentive with you! If you’re interested, please reply to this newspost with a link to your art examples!
Spring cleaning contest
A-CHOO! Is it getting a little dusty in here, or is it just us? We’ve got a contest in the works for spring that might help tidy up around here C;
Goodbye Den Threads
It’s been real fun, but due to lack of interest and possible confusion, we’ve decided to retire our gang Den Threads. From our observation, it seems that players would rather do a one-on-one with each other than have to enter and exit a Den Thread, which is fine!
To replace these but still keep the context alive, each gang leader (Silvy, Sammiie, and Rose) will be posting ‘mingle events’ every few months to give gang dogs a chance to hang out with each other in the same thread, perhaps over a feast, in-character contest, or game!