Post by Sammiie on May 6, 2019 9:43:50 GMT
The Canine Chronicle
Summer’s fast approaching and we’re looking forward to seeing some more of you around with summer break coming up! With our Spring Cleaning & Fill-The-Forum Contests still running, we’ve mainly got some updates -- and a little something else that should excite everyone!
Top Posters & Spotlights
First Place: Howl with 12 posts.
Second Place: Diablo with 10 posts.
Third Place: @nikolai & Dizzybird tying with 8 posts.
Congratulations to those who have won! Your prizes have already been sent to your player accounts!
- Mobius is super friendly and easy to get along with. She's a pleasure to be around in the chat, and always has something interesting to say. Her characters, Trax and Urma, are so vibrant and fun to read!
- She has such an abundance of creativity and is always so kind and fun to talk to. She always has something to offer. I am so excited to plot with her <3
- She jumped right into the site with both feet forward and I'm really looking forward to threading with her once this exam season is over.
DUO: Spider & Melpomene
- it's really nice to have Spider interact with characters who don't just see him as the screw up lieutenant, and he'll always repay them by throwing himself in the line of fire for them, as is evident during the butcher raid.
- He doesn't even attempt to be affably diabolical like the well-spoken Banshee and Karma, but he's got at least a few more brain cells than Kelpie does, just enough to be downright deadly when he gets angry.
- Gosh, it took me all of two seconds to fall in love with this adorable goof. She's funny in the humorous way and funny in the adorable way. Her pup-like spirit in her thread with my Trax reminds me of Dory from Finding Nemo and I just get such a kick out of it. I can't not smile when thinking about her and that's the best part of being funny –being able to easily make people happy and smile– if you ask me!
- In every thread I read she is this spunky, refreshing light in the dark, cruel world of Komorrah. I can't help but laugh at her bubbly, adorable self. She is like that over enthusiastic kid that you are almost annoyed with but can't help but love because they are just too cute and always makes you smile.
- I look forward to every single post in her thread with MacGinty. Any other dog would see a fox on their territory and chase them off, but she's just so over the top in her need for friends, writing every interaction is a gift!
MOST UNIQUE: Holly
- She reminds me of one of my old characters on another site, which doesn't immediately say "most unique," but it's really easy to go down the creepy or even evil route with characters that can see ghosts or other things that go bump in the night, but Holly's the least harmless sixth-senser I've ever met, and I really enjoy that.
THREAD: Suffer For Your Freedom
You can read it here!
- I love this thread. I don't have a good reason why. Maybe it's just because I love hunting threads, or ragtag groups of misfits who don't super like each other but need to band together for this one thing. Either way, it's a delight.
- I love seeing how different people/characters hunt and how each characters personality affects their ability to do so.
QUOTE: “You and I - we're in this to the bitter end, right?“ -- spoken by Valkyrie
- We don't get to see the Crabs in a lot of quiet moments, especially not with all of the trouble that the sickness and the catchers are kicking up, and when they do get a second to breathe and think, and really show how hopeless the situation before them seems, well, it's downright heartbreaking.
Congratulations to our monthly spotlights! Enjoy our new way of displaying our winners in our info center! Your reward has already been sent to your accounts, enjoy!
After careful delegation, we’ve decided to remove mentorship in the gangs. We’ve noticed over the last year that whenever a Tailer was paired with another character, it was often the case that either party went inactive, leaving either the Mentor or Tailer without a charge or teacher. On both the administrative and roleplayer sides, this became a bit frustrating - both for plotting purposes and explaining each time what happened to the Tailer or Mentor who had gone missing without explanation.
So, to remedy this, we’re removing the official need for a Tailer / Mentor partnership in the gangs. Tailers will now be able to train with any adult dog with a job to fulfill their graduation requirements. For those of you who have plotted out an apprenticeship between your characters, don’t sweat! You can still do that if you want to; it just won’t be mandatory anymore.
You might remember a while back, we had this, which essentially was limited communication between dogs and cats and other creatures like deer, rabbits, squirrels, etc. We never quite removed the concept from the board, but it never made it to our guidebook as an official explanation.
Well, we’re bringing it back and this time, it’s made its way onto the guidebook!
First Tongue is a form of limited communication between animals not on the same ‘level’. On Infidelis, cats and dogs are on the same level, while humans are higher (being more intelligent), and all other animals are considered lower. Some lower animals may choose not to speak with higher animals at all; others can communicate in a limited way. For example, instead of saying ‘I saw a huge, strange dog cross our borders!’, the lower animal might say ‘Big outsider! Coming here!’
Think of it similarly to learning a new language for the first time. At first, you only know a few words. This is a lot like that! Though the difference between this and learning a new language is you would eventually learn how to speak properly, while lower animals will always retain the broken language, choppy words, and otherwise limited communication between their canine or feline companions.
The only exception would be players with Urban Creature tokens joining the roleplay as one of these animals. They would have the option to roleplay their creature with limited or regular communication. All other companion animals or NPCs should always retain this limited form of communication!
A Brand New Prompt Generator
The kind staff over at SoulsRPG allowed us to use their Prompt Generator, so we’ve got a shiny, new gadget to help us come up with some really awesome threads!
Using it is simple: just head on over to this page here and pick an area, then click the “Generate a Prompt!” button, and a prompt will be generated! Keep pressing the button until you’re satisfied, or change the location. Some locations have special prompts that others don’t!
Looking for a Skill-Point-related prompt instead? Scroll to the bottom of the dropdown and choose your character’s job! These particular ones are a bit limited at the moment as we continuously come up with some more prompts to add to them!
Wanna help us make the Prompt Generator even more awesome? Suggest prompts by PMing them to the @ifstaff account!
Monthly Spotlight Deadline Change
This is a relatively very small update: we will be moving our Monthly Spotlight voting deadline to the last day of the previous month. So, for example, if we’re all nominating for May’s Monthly Spotlight, the last chance you can vote will be on April 30th. We’re hoping this will help us be able to release earlier (on-time) Chronicles in the future!
A New Incentive to Vote for Us!
Have you noticed the Mee6 message that sometimes pops up on the #general Discord channel reminding ya’ll to vote? Yeah? In the past, we’ve had a bit more incentive than ‘just do it’, but in recent times with the comments being disabled on the topsites, we had no way of knowing who voted and who didn’t.
We’ve decided to trust that you guys want us to thrive just as much as we do, and have implemented something better!
This is our new voting thread! Those of you who vote for us at least five times during the month will get their name thrown into a monthly drawing! One winner will win one random prize per month, but hey - there’s a chance it could be you! Check out the page, click through our voting links, and let us know you voted!
New Month + New Plot
Yes, you heard us right! It’s officially March and spring is right around the corner for Komorrah! With the new month brings a new plot chapter -- however, we’re doing the plot a bit different this time in hopes to involve all gangs and not lose any small details in the chapter shift.
This time around, each gang has their own part in the chapter. Collectively, it’s still one chapter, but each gang has their own plot timeline and essentially their own part of the plot. Some of them will overlap when gangs interact, and some won’t. All gangs will have something going on each month. We’re testing this way out in hopes that it won’t single out one gang and leave everyone else who wants to participate high and dry.
While we’re still going to remain a bit stricter with threads that play a large or an important part in the movement of the chapter, we’re going to be a bit more lax on the ones with predetermined endings or just casual roles. Each gang leader is expected to stay on top of keeping their gang’s plot flowing by reminding players that it’s their turn or reminding members that a person can be skipped after so many days. All the plot chapters for each gang will be found in their usual spot on the Sitewide Plots board for reference! The Welcome Header plot button will link there for easy access!
Find the new plot sign-ups pages on the Sitewide Plots board!
Summer Posting Extravaganza
Ok so maybe this is a teensy bit of incentive to get the ball rolling here. We thought we’d be awesome and give you all a bit of a boost as the Fill-The-Forums contest winds down, summer break starts, and most everyone gets their freedom back or gets out of that winter funk. We’re giving you all double-stuff! Double Kibble for all posts and new threads, and double Skill Points for all threads submitted to Gang Maintenance!
Your Double Kibble will be automatically awarded to you - you should see it instantly.
Your Double Skill Points will be awarded to you after your threads are checked. We urge you to ensure your threads are eligible for Skill Points by checking the page first. You’ll only be awarded double Skill Points for threads that meet requirements and are relevant to the job, training, or learning your character is doing!
That out of the way, this is a great opportunity to get your character a promotion or two and earn yourself some Kibble to spend over the next few months! The Summer Posting Extravaganza will end on July 1st, 2019. So, get posting!
Spring Cleaning & Fill-The-Forum Contests
Don’t forget about our ongoing contests! They’re both ending on May 15th, so you’ve got a little more than a week to get those posts in, those profiles edited, and them raffle entries accumulated!