Canine Chronicle Jun 10, 2019 3:31:53 GMT
Post by Silvy on Jun 10, 2019 3:31:53 GMT
The Canine Chronicle
Hey all! We hope you’re doing well in this beautiful (and warm for us Americans) month of June! This month, we have a few announcements and reminders, as well as our usual Spotlights and Top Posters to announce and reward!
MAY'S TOP POSTERS
1st Place: @lilbit with 13 posts.
2nd Place: @kip with 12 posts.
3rd Place: @urma with 10 posts.
Congratulations to those who have won! Your prizes have already been sent to your player accounts!
- Sativa has gotten a great start here so here and is very active and positive in the Discord server
- I love when I hop on the Discord and she's there because she's just so much fun to chat with and she's always got something positive to say.
- I think Sativa sleeps/and hangs out on discord... always there and always happy and helpful!
- I have a routine when I wake up every morning, where I comb through all the posts I missed while I was working or sleeping, and I always feel like sativa has thrown out several fantastic posts with Rocco and Phoenix while I was asleep! It's one of the best parts of my morning.
DUO: Fawn & Saravo
- Need I say more? They're absolutely heartwarming to read about, even with the tragic undertones. Fawn's been through so much and deserves to have someone treat her kindly, and Saravo is so patient and gentle with her, even though she's a stranger. Warpaint and Silvy write them so incredibly well, I can't wait to see where they go!
- Saravo and Fawn are so cute together!! It's unlikely to see a kind face like Saravo in the world of Komorrah, and Fawn out of anyone deserves his kindness.
- I think the dynamic between these two is awesome, plus the little backstory. They've easily become everyone's favorite pair, and that's no less due to both Silvy and Warpaint's awesome writing and character development!
- They so sweet together... when I read them talking it makes me feel more like old times with gents and dames
- I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said, but I love Saravo and Fawn and I think that they're fantastic to watch, and I can't wait to see where their relationship goes!
- I have to go with Fawn and Saravo as well because, like I said in the thread of the month, they are the cutest and most heartwarming pair I have seen in awhile and I honestly can not wait to see more of them.
- Gotta go with the popular option here, because Karma is just so dang terrifying. I still remember her attacking Spider so brutally and I keep waiting for her to lash out. And maybe even scarier than the violence is the coldness and superiority she regards everything with. Chills!
- I know Karma was voted Scariest way back when, but she's clearly developed since then and has become even more intimidating. It always feels like you have to be cautious when replying to this Boss, because you never know what she'll take offense to and when she'll snap.
- I agree Karma is a ticking time bomb. You never quite know what will send her off the edge, and what she'll reply to with cool steadiness, not missing a beat, seemingly unaffected by your presence or whatever she just responded to.
- I gotta go with Karma on this one, because having to write for Thorn in "swing on little knives" stresses me out, and Thorn is the kind of character who always knows what to say and how to act, so if she's stressed about what to say or do, it means there's a real threat in the room.
- Just gonna jump on the hype train and say Karma because she is 100% one of the scariest, if not the scariest, on infidelis. Just her appearance, her disposition, her aura, her personality, and just everything about her is enough to give me chills when I think about it. And she is played so well.
- Both Crime 's thick head and hostility are incredibly entertaining and amusing and make him one of the funniest characters to read that I know of.
- Much like a few other characters on the site, he's the kind of character who can be incredibly menacing and scary when he wants to be, but when he's not comfortable in his place of inspiring terror, he's just kind of a mess, and it's hilarious to watch.
- Crime for president! Crime is the best from his belligerence to his clunky movements and failures. Even when just being overall rough around the edges, he still comes off as entertainment because.
- I agree that Crime is pretty funny, if he hasn't been voted for this yet, he should!
- Crime - I laughed my ass off at him and Zhiva (do we include this in lol)
MOST UNIQUE: Lil bit
- Lil Bit <3 I love how she is played, you can truly feel her character. She is a breath of fresh air; innocent enough without being naive, and not yet tainted by living in the city.
- My criteria for most unique is always "who could have been really stereotypical, but ended up being a 3-dimensional character?" Seraphim, for instance, could have been a normal kind healer, and Holly could have been a stereotypical "crazy" character. This month, Lil Bit could have been the most annoying character on the board, as the plucky and naive tend to be. Instead, she's a sweetheart just trying to figure out her way in the world, and you can't help but root for her.
- In everything from appearance to personality, Lil Bit is one of the most unique characters. She has such a range and variety of characteristics and traits that I don't think I've seen put together, which makes her incredibly unique and special.
THREAD: At the bottom of everything
You can read it here!
- We, the staff, decided to override the nominations and spotlight this thread in part due to the others’ participants winning some other category this month, but also because we felt like this thread between Mykie and River was so refreshing! Here we have two characters doing their jobs, but Mykie plays Howl’s learning process just so well! We’re right along with him while he works out the new lessons he’s absorbing throughout this thread!
"Well, seeing how Daire invited me into the Yardies... I assumed I wouldn't be challenged. But that's fine. I can take a challenge." - Diablo
- This just made me go "oh crap, I can't wait to see how this turns out!", there's something... really threatening, in a quiet way, about this quote. It seems to be the talk of an arrogant Recruit, but knowing what Diablo has done makes the words sound a lot more threatening.
- I've got to agree with Panicky's choice from Diablo! It is quite creepy and threatening, and really adds to his dangerous "vibe."
All Spotlights and Top Posters have been given their prizes! Enjoy!
May's Top Voter
Unfortunately, no one voted at least five times during the month of May! Keep trying though, guys! Remember, your votes help us gain more people to roleplay here, and those who vote at least five times during the month gain a chance to win a cool prize! It might be kibble, it might be a graphic, or it might be a Barc Shop item! You’ll have to vote like savages to find out <3
Artsy had to say goodbye for now
With a heavy heart, Artsy, one of our moderators, has decided to step down from her position. We’re sad to let her go, but we’re grateful for what she’s contributed as apart of the staff team. We hope to see you back soon, Artsy!
With a bit of thought on the matter, we’ve decided to reduce hiatuses to 3 months going forward. We think 6 months is quite a lot of leisure to give someone. It’s half of a year! We made hiatuses for people who needed it, due to work, school, personal stuff, etc. Hiccups happen in life and disrupt us, but we usually bounce back. Hiatuses are not for long-term loss of muse, and we think that our past members have been misusing them for this reason.
We hope that you all understand, and for special cases, we’d be open to speaking with you.
Even if one of our members leave, and later wants to join again with the same characters they had, they definitely can (with the exception of adoptables who might’ve been reclaimed). We do not kill off your characters when you leave. You are always welcomed back no matter the manner in which you left (announced or not), and you are always free to continue your characters’ stories!
Those who have already taken hiatuses will be granted the 6 months agreed beforehand, however, all new hiatuses taken will be a maximum of three months going forward!
We're looking for High Ranks for all gangs
We want you all to put forth your effort and build your character up to a High Rank position. It won't be given to you instantly here. That's not how we do things. But we will help you get there easier with Double Points opportunities and Prompt Pup Threads catered to your job. If you want a place of importance within one of these gangs, prove to us you’re reliable by sticking around, working for it, suggesting ideas, and being an active member! We need longtime, active, and reliable members we can count on to be the backbone of our gangs’ leadership team!
Currently, through the month of June, we’re doubling submitted Skill Points! Get your potential Skill Points threads in now! It ends June 30th!
If you have any questions at all, please direct them to Sammiie or Silvy
Get em while they’re HOT! Don’t miss out on signing up for a plot thread for Infidelis’ month of March! We’ve extended our ‘posting window’ to 5 days (before you can be skipped), but generally you’re good if you can do (at min) a post a week. Don’t be afraid to sign up for a plot thread!
There are plenty of open prompts for those who want to contribute, but at their own pace! You don’t have to sign up for those (unless they have a sign-up list listed); have fun with them at your own pace!
If you haven’t taken our site survey, please do! It’ll help us out in making Infidelis the best place it can be for everyone! You can find it here! The survey is a bit lengthy, so we advise taking it when you have a bit of free time!
New categories for spotlights
We’re currently looking for a few new categories to broaden our current Spotlights categories. We’re looking for broader categories that touch upon subjects that anyone’s character can win, rather than a single character type that only a certain type of character can win.
We’ve done up a little Google Forms Survey to record your suggestions! Please submit your ideas there!