Canine Chronicle Jul 2, 2019 9:28:07 GMT
Post by Sammiie on Jul 2, 2019 9:28:07 GMT
The Canine Chronicle
First Place: @rama with 23 posts.
Second Place: Juno with 19 posts.
Third Place: @kaiser & Syracuse tied with 14 posts.
Everyone's kibble has already been awarded to them! Congratulations! Keep up the great posting! C:
- Where would I be without my partner in crime? She's probably the best co-admin I could ask for! She's got really great ideas and a really sound RP strategy. Me and her vibe on many different levels, which is honestly a breath of fresh air with so many different personalities on the internet. If there's one writer I look up to learning from, it's Silvy. All her characters stay true to themselves, never wavering, never losing any of their awesomeness. It's really something that I find admirable, and her threads are always fun to read!
- Not only is she a really helpful member on the staff team, but she writes beautifully! All her characters are so unique and memorable and she deserves some spotlight!
- You could say I'm biased because of the threads we have for Kaiser and Alibi, but I genuinely love her. She is kind, helpful, has ideas, and definitely encouraging when it comes to my insecurities about my writing. I could go on and on. All in all, her presence on the site and on discord is a positive one.
- [She] is so kind, helpful, and creative! she is always so welcoming and sweet in the chat, and plotting with her has been so fun!
- Silvy is amazing with her plots and fleshed out characters. She's always quick to respond and each one of her posts are always unique to each of her characters. She's so sweet and nice on the discord, hard to not like having a wild Silvy in the vicinity!
- [She] is an amazing person with epic writing skills. I adore my threads with Silvy and get really excited when I have a reply from her. She is also a tonne of fun to talk to in the discord!
DUO: Juno & Rama
- I've been biased by these two since the beginning and honestly their connection continues very strong.
- My heart soars for these two and that's all I'll say. I just love them and I'm excited to watch their relationship grow stronger.
- Uhhhmm heartwarming and intriguing! These two make your heart tender and you easily grow fond of their interaction.
- They work really well together and I think they are just a cute duo.
- I’m a bit biased, but, I can’t help but honestly adore this pair so much. Not only has it helped me develop Juno a bit, but their dynamic is so darn cute to me. The way they both interact to how their differences fit with one another - gosh, I love it! I’m excited for what the future holds for them!
- He's not really in-your-face the scary type, but he's brooding and his morals are pretty questionable. When tested, I'm sure he would have no problems showing why he's the scariest of the month!
- Tearing off a guy's nose was pretty exciting and of course, scary!
- He is so shady and unpredictable. He brings on a whole new meaning to scary
- [He] is so intimidating, and I really look forward to threading with him! when he's in his slaughter mode, reading about it is chilling.
- The dark prince of subterfuge is quite powerful to read about. You never know what you're going to get out of him and that's why he's the scariest.
- I’m not quite sure what it is about Archelaos that just gives off this ‘spooky’ vibe, but he certainly does have it! From the way night portrays him to his general demeanor, he doesn’t even need to speak to be able to make you shiver!
- While not intentionally written to be funny, her image, her attitude, and the situations she finds herself in make her a rather comical type of character! Imagining her just as is makes you want to poke fun at her - whether it's her rasp, her wrinkles, or her sourpuss attitude.
- Her grumpiness is written humorously and her posts are delightfully funny to read.
- She is a short, stubby, grumpy dog who freaking wobbles. She is rather adorable, but she is also so funny. The way she is written makes me crack up and I think she deserves this month's spotlight for sure.
- Without a doubt, I love her! She gets a rise out of me every time and I cannot stop laughing as I relate to her so dang much!
- [She] is so fun to read about! she may be small, but she demands to be seen, and both her words and actions make me laugh!
- Spicy little nugget of sass! Urma makes anyone laugh with her antics, its hard not to love her.
- [She] is an adorable and funny little dog who is a real sassy pants.
- Urma is so grumpy that I can’t help but giggle whenever I just imagine her face. She must be really 100% with most dogs in the city, in all honesty. Not only does Mobius do an amazing job portraying that characteristic ‘grumpiness’ in a way that’s rather endearing, the fact that she’s this short, wrinkly, raspy bulldog just makes it 100% better.
- This guy is super interesting and I love love love his personality and dialogue. I am excited to see more of him.
- Looking at his appearance, big and buff, one would expect him to be somewhere in security, but he's in health, which is personally really unique. Not only this, but he also has a very unique and interesting personality in my opinion and is perfect for the most unique this month.
- I love his thread with fawn, and his personality just seems quite genuine, if a little quirky. he's so interesting to read about!
- New on the scene and a fresh breath of air from the IC darkness, Dominion is easily becoming one of the favorites to read about. He's unique and well thought out. Everybody loves a grumpy persnickety of a healer. What a conundrum in the best way!
- I absolutely love reading about Dominion! His humor and teasing ways don’t fail in making me giggle - he’s so quirky that you can’t help but love him. I just imagine this big ol’ rottie doing all of this, and it makes it even better. He’s quickly become a very endearing character!
THREAD: SHE WAS SHADY ENOUGH
You can read it here!
- [This] is keeping me on my toes! is a war about to start? I don't see either one relenting, so I'm really excited to see where this thread ends up!!
- I am biased but I really love this thread! The two bosses going head to head.
- I adore the way Sam portrays Daire, firstly - she very much fits the ‘gangster’ role of the Yardies’ boss and honestly, I’m almost a bit jealous with how well she does it. Daire’s scary and just ‘whoa’ in a way that just...works for her, and it winds up making all interactions with her amazing. Chase himself is finally starting to come into his own as a boss, and seeing this foreboding enemy confronting him like this is exciting! I’m interested and curious to see how he’ll handle everything!
"Though... if you can hold your breath, you can probably disguise yourself as a big, multi-colored, ugly, snow-covered rock..." — Zhiva, Saints Sentinel
- I laughed out loud when I read that!
- This is priceless!
- Gosh I love Zhiva so much, and her interactions with Crime just boost that love to the max. These two together just spell a laugh waiting to happen, and Zhiva never fails to make me, as the writer of Crime, wince and go, ‘Oof buddy. You got it rough.’ Honestly, there are sometimes where I just whisper under my breath, ‘you lost this one crimey boy, its over’
Additionally, all Spotlight winners' Kibble has been awarded to them! Enjoy!
June's Top Voters Winner
Unfortunately, no one voted at least five times this month to be entered in a raffle for a cool prize, but we see your effort and we thank you for voting for us! @mobius did the most voting this month with four different check-ins! Thanks for your effort, Mobi! We’ve sent you 50 Kibble as a thank you prize!
Remember, voting five or more different times in the month (and posting a reply to our Voting Thread to let us know you’ve voted) will get your name put in a drawing at the end of the month for a cool prize! Don’t forget to keep voting for us throughout the month! Bookmark the page or something
10,000 Posts?! Whoa!
As you guys may, or may not, have known, Infidelis’ has been around for nearly 2 years now! We’ve gone through our shares of ups and downs, trials and conflicts, but in the end, the site still stands strong as does its community. It gives us great pride to see how great our members are! You guys have no idea how happy it makes us when we see you talking, plotting, and threading together, and most importantly, being active and engaging members of the site because without a strong community, a site is nothing.
We’re proud to announce that Infidelis has reached over 10,000 posts and over 2,000 threads! And as a ‘celebration’ and a ‘thank you’ from us to you all, we’re hosting a small giveaway and raffle!
Unlike other raffles and giveaways we’ve run in the past, everyone will get a shot at a multitude of prizes. Your qualifications? As long as you’ve posted at least once in June, you will be entered to win a prize! In a few days, we will post a detailed notice about this and how it will work. In the meantime, sit tight and get your good luck charms out!
For now, everyone will have the opportunity to claim 100 kibble! Enjoy!
Site Updates + Announcements
We’ve decided to extend our Double Kibble and Skill Points period until SEPTEMBER 1ST! As before, during this period, you will gain double the Kibble from posting and creating threads as well as double Skill Points from submitting applicable threads to Gang Maintenance. This is the prime and perfect time to gain some extra Kibble for much needed Barc Shop items as well as earn some Skill Points to gain Special or High Ranked roles!
PLEASE NOTE that double kibble applies only for posting and creating threads and is automatically awarded to your account the moment you make a post. The ‘Double kibble’ event does not apply to submitting threads for bonus Kibble!
The Future of Sitewide Plots
We’re considering slightly changing up the way we conduct our plot threads in the next chapter. This notice is mainly a ‘heads up’ for you guys, and these changes probably won’t affect anyone on a large scale level. We noticed that getting people to sign up for threads this time around has been a little difficult, and in turn, is slowing some of the pacing down as a result. We’re hoping to remedy this by adding more open prompt opportunities for those of you who want to participate, but at your own pace. We’re hoping it will harmonize and give everyone the chance to participate at their own level!
However, in order to test this theory out, we need to get through this current chapter! So please remember to try and post to your plot threads in timely manners! They should always be prioritized over your other threads! Furthermore, we do still have a few plot thread slots left to claim in all gang chapters, so if you’re interested, take a look here!
We’d also like to remind people that, if you ever want to catch up on the plot and previous chapters, to check both the Sitewide Plots Board to see the previous chapters for a more detailed explanation or to check our History page and read over the major events that happened during each in-game month!
Maintenance Blues + Incentives
When submitting threads for kibble, please wait to do so either:
- when the thread is finished or discontinued
- when the thread has at least 6 replies in total.
If the thread ends up continuing for a long time after and there’s more kibble to claim when it has officially ended, feel free to submit another maintenance post doing so!
All participants in the thread need to claim their kibble separately! This is for our record purposes.
Please remember to submit finished or discontinued threads to our Timeline Maintenance so we can update the timeline with your thread’s proper participants and description! This part’s important if you want other players to read your threads and look into your characters! We all want some fans, don’t we?
Going forward, we’ll be rewarding 10 Kibble per thread added or updated in the Timeline! Right now, since we’re just starting this, you will only be able to claim 10 Kibble for a thread that you started OR a thread that was started by a member who is no longer with us.
When updating or adding threads, please give a brief but interesting description of 1-2 sentences! We will not award you Kibble for half-assed descriptions! You can claim the 10 Kibble for both adding and updating threads that are already on the timeline with no description!
If you have any questions about this, please ask us! We'll be updating the appropriate pages and information in the days to come.
Usability Survey & A Note
As you probably already know, we released a survey a few weeks ago asking many questions about IF’s usability and procedures. From the feedback we received, we’ve already adjusted a few things as can be seen in last month’s -belated- Chronicle add-on announcement.
Additionally, if you haven’t taken the survey then please, please do! You can find it here! We plan on keeping this survey up for at least another few weeks, so please get your responses in before then!
A Note About The Guidebook
We'd just like to stress just how fundamental it is to thoroughly read the guidebook! We understand some sections, such as the App Guide, are very long and perhaps a little intimidating. However, we can assure you it's only because it alleviates most, if not all, questions on how things work and what we expect from you when looking over an application, etc. We spent the time writing and going over it not for our own health, but in the genuine belief that it'd make understanding Infidelis an easier process and assure that all the information you could ever need is right there.
The guidebook should be your go-to reference when you have a question, are confused, want some information about a particular thing, etc. It isn’t meant to be read when you first join and cast aside during the rest of your stay here. We expect you all to familiarize yourself with it, learn from it, and keep it by your side when you need it again. If you’re curious about Player Ranks, you should seek out our Player Ranks page; if you’re curious about some gang custom, you should seek out that gang’s page and have a looksie. It's a necessity in understanding the site!
And we don’t mind answering your questions, but please use the guidebook to try to answer your own questions! There are a ton of useful links on the homepage to various pages in the guidebook as well, for your convenience. Do some exploring before resorting to asking us or ultimately assuming!
Some Minor Updates
What Year is It?
As you may notice within the guidebook’s history timeline and a few other places, we’ve been using actual numerical years (ex. 2018) instead of Year One, Year Two. Going forward, we’re going to exclusively be using numerical years as we think it gives you all a better idea of how ‘modern’ our setting is. Infidelis currently takes place in March 2018; we’re a little more than a year behind schedule! C:
Infidelis runs on fluid time and always has a set month that threads can be made and completed. We do not run on real-time and no threads should ever be dated with real-time dates in mind.
If you’re ever confused with what month it is, check our header, which is located just under our banner on every page. The month is always displayed in the header table, and if you click it, it will take you to the current timeline as well!
Character Slots Update
We’re updating the way we display character slots for everyone. Currently, each player’s profile only displays the slots in which they’ve won or bought. We’re changing this to hopefully make it easier for everyone to find out how many slots they currently have. Aside from receiving a gift from us with a bunch of slots, this change won’t affect any of you differently. Everyone will still have the amount of slots they have now.
Going forward, once everyone has been sent their slots, everyone will have their current number of slots, minus the two starter slots you have by default. We’ve decided to leave these “invisible” to not confuse newcomers and to avoid the extra amount of work we’d have to put in to send slots to newcomers who might not even stay long.
So, when receiving the items from us within the next few days, please remember that they are your current slots, not new ones!