Canine Chronicle Sept 2, 2019 11:51:50 GMT
Post by Sammiie on Sept 2, 2019 11:51:50 GMT
The Canine Chronicle
Hey guys! We’re back with a bunch of updates, like promised last month! We’re a little late on a secondary August update, but as you can see, there was a lot of stuff to work on! So, we hope you’re not too disappointed in us <3
Our Monthly Announcements
AUGUST'S TOP POSTERS
1st Place: Lex & Dizzybird with 9 posts.
2nd Place: @rayne , Karma , and Zhiva tied with 8 posts.
3rd Place: Be'khatsa with 7 posts.
Congratulations to those who have won! Your prizes have already been sent to your player accounts!
- They've been nominated by several people in the last couple of months and it's about time they get the spotlight they deserve! They're a great writer and I look forward to reading more from their characters!
- From what I've seen, they have stricken me as such a kind and creative person. From their character concepts and executions, to their elegant, fleshed out writing style - I can't help but admire their mind.
- Consistently beautiful writing with substance and emotion, which honestly has left me breathless a few times (especially in the Syracuse x Judah thread!). Active and friendly, too. Warpaint really deserves MOTM <3
DUO: Lex & Syracuse
- Though they haven't interacted much, these two seem to compliment each other. Their interactions are quite amusing and sweet, and perhaps a lil cute as well!
- They're a beautiful and kind-hearted pair <33
- She takes after her father well and you always get an eerie feeling reading her threads. Sammiie has fleshed her out well and honestly I'm awfully excited for the plots we have planned with Dys.
- Not only do we have another cannibalistic coydog next to the already scary Diablo, but she literally wanted to eat a human baby. That, and I'm looking forward to how her "relationship" with Sabine plays out, both characters seem so promising!
- The way Sammiie writes her is so beautifully chilling that it keeps making me want to return again and again every time she rears her bloodthirsty head. She takes after her father quite well, which adds to the spooky factor. Her natural inclination to view everyone as her prey is unsettling, and you never know how she is going to react with her unpredictable nature.
- Dystopia is the new bad guy and I am really excited to see the plot between Dystopia and Sabine.
- I just love the way Sativa plays her brattiness. She ties it in so well and Phoenix is always a good laugh with her attitude antics.
- [She] is literally a perfect example of a rebellious and bratty teenager and I am loving it. XD I can't wait to see how her character arc unfolds!
MOST UNIQUE: Cheyenne
- It's really fun to see a happy go lucky character flourishing on the site. Shes fun to read and well thought out and samhain 's adoptables for her children are awesome. Cheyenne brings some depth and fun to the table.
- I really love how Samhain plays her - lighthearted with a sense of humor! It's really hard to sprinkle some humor in your writing sometimes, and Samhain does this well with corny jokes on Cheyenne's part!
THREAD: It's Not A Question, It's Just Time
You can read it here!
- Sugar and spice... heavy on the spice. You'd think a reunion between siblings would be sweet, but these two kick up tensions right at the get-go. The bitter banter and spiteful side-eyes the two sisters constantly throw at each other is disheartening but exciting at the same time. I really look forward to seeing how this one turns out: if it ends in civility or if they step on each other's toes too much and something more than mere resentment is shed.
"Led by no one, looking up to no one, they were disorganized. They were disobedient. They were distressed." - Dizzybird
- Since no quote was nominated this month, we've decided to spotlight a quote written by Sammiie in the most recent Crabs Meeting, found here! We thought this quote really signifies how the Crabs would be feeling after their... third Boss has either gone missing or died in a very short amount of time! By now, you'd think they'd be used to it, no?
All Spotlights and Top Posters have been given their prizes! Enjoy!
August's Top Voter
Congratulations to Warpaint who voted the most for us on the Topsites last month! As a token of our appreciation, we've sent you a Cat Character Token!
Keep on voting for us on the topsites for awesome prizes! Our highest voter for the month gets a prize!
A word on our changes/updates
If you’ve been with us a while, you’ve noticed that we update and change things around every few months. This is not because we’re indecisive, but because we want to make Infidelis a site you feel as though you can achieve your roleplay goals, have fun, rank up your characters, and be challenged but not in a way where you become so stressed you want to quit. So, this is why we make frequent updates. When we roll new things out, we gauge how you all react, use, and apply these things. If there’s difficulty, we make the necessary changes.
Someday, perhaps, we’ll find the right balance, but for now, you all know our intentions are well. <3
Rank Changes: Recruits
We’ve decided to make getting out of Recruit rank easier for everyone in a way that we expect you all to participate in anyway! Instead of having to submit specific thread tasks, we’re opening it up to two really simple requirements:
As long as your character has been a Recruit for one in-game month AND has made at least 15 in-game posts, they can be promoted to the job ranks. Your character will not be promoted until both requirements are met. If you wish your character to remain a Recruit for longer, please reach out to us or your gang leader!
It will be assumed that your character has been training for their eventual job, though we recommend you still have threads involving your character learning about their gang and potential jobs because they’re character development and fun!
Following this update, all Recruits who meet the requirements will be promoted to their specified job.
Junk Drawer Update
We decided to give the Junk Drawer a new name: Junk Stash! Keep your eyes peeled for a larger update for the Junk Stash later on!
New 'earned regular character slot'
During our last newspost, we mentioned sending everyone their slots so that it’d be clearer how many slots you have without having to guess at it. Well, it took us a bit to do that because we wanted to maintain a way to be able to differentiate between Earned slots and Purchased slots. So, we made a special slot icon for Earned Slots that players get when they earn a slot through a Player Rank ups!
Earned slots function exactly like Regular Character Slots; the only difference is that they look different. Tokens and such will be gifted as they are, given they are temporary and are removed upon use anyway. Slots won through contests will still be gifted as Regular Character Slots as well. The only time these are used are when players rank up through our Player Ranks system and earn slots through there.
Removed anonymous suggestions from discord
Due to it not being used that often, we decided to remove the Anonymous-Suggestions channel from our Discord. We have a Feedback & Suggestions area on the board, which can be found under the Help forum, that is guest-friendly that we urge you all to use instead. You’ll have to momentarily sign out of your account if you want to post anonymously, but it’s there for any suggestions, constructive criticism, etc. you may have!
Added player updates channel to discord
We’ve been noticing a lot of you using the General Chat for posting a quick update, and while that’s fine, it’s not exactly practical when it gets lost in the conversations in there. So, we made a whole channel for it, so post all your quick, little updates there!
As a reminder, for scarcity, absences, and hiatuses, we’d prefer you to still post something on the board to keep everyone in the loop!
Added clarification to realism page
We felt the need to explain how most strays and gang dogs would react to frequently disappearing dogs, given how slowly our months move and how ‘often’ it seems that characters just disappear. In short, given the streets are treacherous with many dangers, it’s not unlikely that street dogs just disappear sometimes. Read about it on the Realism page!
Given Infidelis literally does not have any players holding high ranks at the moment, we have decided to reach out to a handful of you to recruit instantly to a high rank position. We’re hoping these few players can become role models and an inspiration to those of you working towards obtaining a high rank for your character!
We hope this is not viewed as a play of power, and simply understood as the part of a solution to a bigger, ongoing problem. These players were not chosen because they are our ‘favorites’; they were chosen simply because they’ve shown to be reliable, responsible, and active for a consistent amount of time!
A little while ago, we asked you guys what new monthly spotlight categories you wanted to see, and the results are in!
These will be the new monthly Spotlight categories:
Featured Personal Plot
Best Character Development
Fan Favorite Character
We hope that these new, fun categories are a bit broader and allow for more creative freedom when choosing possible candidates!
These new categories will come into effect for October's Spotlights!
Double Kibble & Double Skill Points
Our Double Kibble and Double Skill Points have ended for the summer. We know, sad day =/ Keep a look out for a fun autumn / Halloween event abound in the future - could make for an awesome opportunity to win some rank up tokens!