Canine Chronicle Jan 7, 2020 7:20:36 GMT
Post by Silvy on Jan 7, 2020 7:20:36 GMT
The Canine Chronicle
Happy New Year everyone! Thank you for those whose stuck around with us, be it for several months, or just a few days! Let's make this upcoming new year a great one for Infidelis!
Our Monthly Announcements
DECEMBER'S TOP POSTERS
1st Place: Madonna with 42 posts.
2nd Place: Argent with 25 posts.
3rd Place: Juno with 18 posts.
SPOTLIGHT PLAYER: Doxius
- They are so friendly and they always seem cheerful! They're a great addition to the community!
- Being new is hard and I've really gotten along with Dox, I find them very welcoming and friendly. I mean the whole site is full of wonderful and friendly people but I have seen dox is very helpful, warm and kind to members.
- Not only are they friendly and always around to chat and help any new players but they write beautifully and have so much to add to IF. I am looking forward to seeing more characters from them and of course playing more threads!!
- Doxius is friendly and kind. Despite being a newer member, they have jumped right into the swing of things and have put forth interesting characters and good posts. They stood out to me the most for really just settling in and not being afraid to be a part of things.
PERSONAL PLOT: Juno & Argent
- More fresh out of the oven but I have liked reading these two, and I am looking forward to reading more. Seeing how things go.
- The two compliment each other very well and Silvy couldn't have put it more perfect when she said that they would be opposites attract. Poor Juno needs just one break after all the crap that's going down and I hope this is it!!
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT: Juno
- I know I'm fresh out of the oven new here but watching the site, I really love watching Juno's character and what she overcomes, her challenges and just her overall. She's a really just a great character!!!!
- I've been reading threads trying to find another dog to take this spot because I feel like I'm biased towards Juno but I cannot get over the depth of all of this girl's thread's. She's always so dynamic and ever-changing. It's so cool to see her mentality throughout, as well as her inner torments and struggles.
- Juno has definitely been dealing with some changes lately and I love the way Silvy portrays her. She has developed her character very well and is not afraid to venture into uncomfortable territory when exploring her thoughts and feelings about how her place in the Dodgers is shifting.
FAN FAVORITE: Raven
- Anyone that has interacted with this gal will know. She is the perfect amount of sass and wit. Everything about her I love and I can't wait to keep threading with her and growly-face!
THREAD: There's a child out on the battlefield
You can read it here!
- Doesn't that thread just hit the feels? No.. just me surely not. Either way its a really cribbing thread, a nice thread and like I said just so many feels.
- I thought this was such an interesting and delightful read! They both seem to be battling some inner demons and everything is written so beautifully here, and really speaks to emotions of the Saints having lost their home.
“It's quite a... humbling experience. It allows you to realize your own place in the world, your own... mortality." -- Eclipse
- I just felt this quote about seeing another dog die is so moving and touches on that same emotion we're seeing in all the gang's with their conflict. You can see death and loss in some form in all the gangs and this quote reminds us how being witness to such a loss can really affect us so heavily.
December's Topsite Voter Champ
Congratulations to doxius for being our Topsite Voting Champ! We’ve sent you 1,000 Kibble as a thank you prize! Thanks for keeping us relevant on the topsites! Good luck to this month’s voters!
Major UpdatesWe have a series of bigger updates that we’re hoping to work on and release officially in the coming months! Read the following to see when we expect to have these done or out by!
BYE BYE SKILL POINTS
After a year of struggling to find our (and your!) happy place with Skill Points, we’ve decided to lay them to rest and use something much more simple. Going forward, instead of accumulating points for promotions, your characters will be required to complete two to three threads to be promoted to the next job rank level! Characters will need to submit two thread tasks to be promoted to the second level rank, and three thread tasks to be promoted to the third level rank.
The previous Skill Points page has been converted to a general overview explaining rank levels, how gangs will use favor and respect, thread submission criteria, and how characters and players alike contribute to the likelihood of their promotions (or demotions!). When you’re ready to submit thread tasks, please post them into gang maintenance! We will be adding an appropriate form!
The Guidebook page will be updated soon to reflect this new information.
BIGGER, BETTER MAP
As Infidelis changes and grows, we think it's about time that our map finally got a bit of an update, right? Within the coming months, we plan on implementing a new map for Infidelis! This’ll include both new and old territories and points of interest, as well as, hopefully, a greater insight on what kind of a place Komorrah is. We’re hoping to release the map by earliest February, latest April!
With its birth will come another awesome contest where you all will be able to contribute new places for our characters to explore!
NEW AND IMPROVED GANG PAGES
Our gang pages will eventually get quite a facelift! In the coming months, we’re hoping to expand our information, detail cultures, expectations, gang territories, and laws, among many other things, for each gang on Infidelis! We’re hoping an update like this will give life to the gangs in Komorrah and help you all understand what kind of a place, culture, and group each distinct gang is. Some changes may be a bit more drastic than others, and in varying areas.
We don’t particularly have a due date for these changes yet, given this is a rather huge overhaul! However, we will keep you all posted in future chronicles and may even have fun polls where you can contribute to the changes!
In the meantime, we’re open to hearing your thoughts on these updates! Are there any specific changes you’d like to see? Any suggestions you may have on what to include on a gang page? Any ideas you want to offer? Now’s your chance!
Feel free to PM Sammiie if it’s about Agwe’s Eyes or the Yardies, or, Silvy if it’s about the Dodgers or the Saints. While all suggestions and ideas may not be used, they’re always appreciated!
With a fresh, new year hitting and the final stages of ‘major’ changes happening, we’ve decided to implement a new guideline for creating characters. We promise this one isn’t difficult to fulfill.
In order to create a new character, you must have at least 15 posts with your latest/newest character. While we won’t be going by a strict acceptance number range, we will still be looking at your overall activity, and may take recent hiatuses into consideration as well.
Making sure you’re active on all your characters is the best way to avoid your application potentially being rejected.
In the case that your character is rejected, we’ll send the code of the application back to you via PM and delete the thread. You’re free to repost the character again when you have the required posts.
In addition, previously, we stated that new members would be able to join with two new characters right off the bat. While you still do get two character slots upon joining that can’t be ‘taken’ from you, new members will still need to supply at least 15 posts on their first character before making another.
Any characters currently being made within the Character Creation forum as of today will be exempt from this new rule. However, going forth, this new rule will be included in our evaluation of new characters.
The guidebook will be updated soon with this new information.
This is just a super small update, but notable nonetheless: we’ve renamed our Coydog / Wolfdog / Dingo Dog Character Token to just simply “Special Canine Hybrid Token.” Now, instead of stipulating a certain type, it’ll be your choice upon creating an application for your character using this token!
No matter the hybrid half you choose, your character must be at least 50% dog. Additionally, please only pick one wild breed to hybridize your character with. For example, no Coywolfdogs (25% Coyote, 25% Wolf, 50% Dog) please!
Ending of the Winter Festival
It was a fun contest, and we're happy that we had so many participate! We're already looking forward to another fun time for Fall next year!
Holiday Raffle Winners
Congratulations to the following winners:
Mykie who won 1x Special Canine Hybrid Token
Mobius who won 1x Permanently Banned Breed Token
Roadchili who won 1x Permanently Banned Breed Token
doxius who won 5,000 Kibble
zena who won 1x Regular Character Slot
Holiday Ornament Winner
Since only one person submitted an ornament design, the First Place prize goes to Roadchili ! They’ve won 500 Kibble and a Custom Graphics Table item!
The 12 Days of Christmas
Congratulations to everyone who completed challenges for this contest! You’ll receive the listed reward for each consecutive day you’ve successfully completed.
Additionally, doxius , for completing the 12 Days first, your grand prize will be a commissioned piece! Staff will contact you soon to give you the details.
All prizes have already been sent to your player accounts! There's no need to claim these prizes manually! Congratulations once again, and thank you all for participating in our Winter Festival this month!