Canine Chronicle May 7, 2020 3:16:44 GMT
Post by Sammiie on May 7, 2020 3:16:44 GMT
With spring fast approaching in the US (and us being all stuck inside for quarantine stuff), we've decided to start some spring cleaning around here Please stick around and read about the new stuff happening on Infidelis!
First Place: Sinbad , Yuzen , and Corona with 47, 42, and 26 posts respectively!
Second Place: Karma and Mesqo tied with 24 posts.
Third Place: Letty with 18 posts.
Woo! You guys really banged it outta the park last month! Since Crypt technically got first, second, and third Top Poster for all three of her characters, she has been sent the Kibble for all three places. The rest of the winners will be sent their prize Kibble like regular! Great job, guys!
Spotlight Player: Country
- She is so friendly and fun to talk to and works so hard to keep up with the site even when she has a super taxing job
- Country is a love! She's super easy to talk to in the Discord, and her characters are so well-written! I look forward to threading with her in the future <3
- It's always nice to pop into the discord and see Country! She's fun to talk to, I adore seeing pics of her pup, and I'm super excited to read more of her threads!
Featured Personal Plot: Juno & Beowulf
- Juno vs Beowolf, I think this is going to be a fascinating development with Beo being a dog that's really grown and now facing obstacles and moral struggles with his leader. I think this is great fun and can't wait to see what comes out of this. I love both characters, so seeing them pitted against each other will be really interesting!
- Oooooh! This thread was fiery! Seeing Juno come in and take charge, and brave Beowulf stand up to her... man, it made me cringe on the inside thinking of the trouble Beo's gonna get in for protecting Nutmeg. I seriously commend Silvy for being able to RP out consistent dynamic between her two personal characters... that is something I cannot do haha.
- This thread was such a fun one to take part of! I loved seeing Beowulf step out from his shell, and we got to see two different parts of him too! A more gentle side with Nutmeg, to a far more fearsome one with Juno! I can't wait to see the future dynamic between the two, now that there's some bad blood amidst!
Best Character Development: Void
- I love how he is coming into his own. With his past with Butterfly and now the big boy is the Deerstalker. He is going places!
- I'm sitting here in the sidelines waiting for Void to really take his role!! With the new Boss emerging, this is sure to get interesting...
- I can't wait to see more of this tough guy! His past with butterfly and how much she had an effect on him was heartbreaking. His interactions with his gangmates to how much he's changed from the savage he used to be (we get glimpses of it in the war thread too, oh la la!) is fantastic too! I can't wait to see him in his new position, and how it effects his personal story from henceforth!
Fan Favorite Character: Guinevere IV Von Ethel
- Guinevere IV Von Ethel is just such a well developed, fun character to interact with. You just never know if she's going to throw a tantrum or say something sharp, but she is always herself and it's entertaining as heck. You don't even have to imagine what's going through her head, she isn't afraid to tell you. It's so much fun reading her threads, she's a hoot!
- She is a ball of comic relief, even if everything is just oh so dreadful to her. She also has so much potential to become a better Dodger. I love her.
- How such a prissy dog is going to make it out in the wild is beyond me, but, it's been a blast writing out her...troublesome ways!
Read it here!
- I have no idea how I missed this thread but omg I love the spook and the whole vibe, y'all write so beautifully in this! Not to mention those gorgeous tables. Very atheistic lol
- OMG Banshee is just... endearingly frightening. It's always fun to read the reactions other characters have toward her... because I'm always like YES YES MORE BANSHEE... but everyone is like... keeping a safe distance, sleeping with one eye open, making sure she's not lurking behind a doorway when they settle down for a nap. C:<
- I utterly adore this thread - its so much fun to take part of. While it's always fun having Banshee...act like Banshee, getting to look a bit more into her motives and 'why' she does things ( as well as writing out her gross eating habits) is always fun. Mobius' writing of a very repulsed Static, who doesn't even want to sit next to her, is lovely as well!
"As long as there's someone to remember them, they live on." - Raven , Loner in Call me Mr. Fahrenheit
- It is such a sweet thing for her to say and has so much behind it. It really bring a touch of hope both ic and ooc. It is exactly what everyone needs right now.
- This is kind of a positive quote... different from what we usually feature on the site. It's a really nice change, I think!
- Raven and Sinbad's budding friendship and closeness is something I think this quote embodies well as he tells her his tragic tale, and I absolutely love it!
Topsite Voting Champ
Mykie was our Topsite Voting Champ this month! Woohoo! Way to go, Mykie! A prize of a Rare Bird Token has been sent to your player account! Thank you, Mykie!
Last month we released a survey asking you all types of questions about the Timeline, the weather, and how you all use these board features. According to the survey’s results, we learned:
- The majority only used the Timeline to look up the weather, not for reading threads
- There were mixed results on whether or not responders would contribute to updating a ‘timeline spreadsheet’
- The majority preferred that we laid out the weather day-by-day, rather than employ a detailed synopsis of the weather for the month
This is huge news for us. When a feature, which is meant to function a certain way, isn’t being used as it's intended, that means it can be removed for a more productive replacement. This takes a bit of the workload off of staff so that we can continue roleplaying, plotting, and coming up with fun activities for you guys! The following will explain what changes we’re going to make in light of this.
Timeline -> History Page
The Timeline was as much put in place to share your threads as it was to show the progression of our boardwide stories. We’ll be discontinuing the use of the Timeline in favor of keeping track of our boardwide story in another fashion. We’re going to continue to feature our boardwide plot progression on the History page in the Guidebook. There will be very few changes to how the History page already works; it’ll just be getting a little beefed up with a few more plot points added.
We encourage you all to use trackers and thread archives to keep track of your characters’ storylines. This would make it easier for others to potentially look up your threads, read into your characters, etc. if they want to!
Despite the majority of you liking weather planned out for you each month, we’re going to be adapting this to a detailed paragraph each month with ranges and possibilities. Don’t worry, we will give you something much more detailed than the short bit we offered in the survey!
The reason we’re going against the grain on this one is because of our new map... it’s much bigger! And because it’s bigger, it’s not realistic to assume that everywhere on the map has the same weather. Everyone here that has watched the weather during some point in their life knows that the weather fluctuates and varies a lot; it could be raining in your town, but just cloudy in the town over, or it could be snowing in your county, but a couple counties over, they’re having sunny weather. Our weather system made sense for our smaller map, but now that we’ve expanded quite a bit, it’s no longer realistic to give a single weather forecast.
We’ve considered writing up two weather forecasts (one for the north, one for the south) each month, but even that has its faults. Again, referring to the above, such a large map would have weather variations.
Some of you had concerns about others featuring different weather conditions in their threads that perhaps happen on the same day... and while that’s a valid concern, we aren’t very worried about it. Without the Timeline, the occurrence of this matters much less. When you look into a thread, you’re not looking for the weather, but instead what happened in the thread. Even if it’s sunny and raining in two threads happening in the same place at relatively the same time, it’s not exactly the focus of said thread.
Of course, this would make a difference if we perhaps hosted a weather plot, but a weather timeline would be provided in that case.
In the meantime as we ride out the rest of the current month, the current timeline will remain available to view daily weather forecasts, though future new in-game months will feature the detailed weather paragraph, located either through a link or in a hover over the current Month box in our header.
TTFN RP Samples!
Rejoice! We've decided to retire RP Samples. We feel as though we can gauge players' writing style in the other parts of the application enough to no longer need the additional sample. In its absence, we will be paying extra attention to the rest of the parts of the application, but it shouldn't be too much of a change!
Map Update Coming Soon!
We’re hard at work with those brand new territories you gave us in the Territories Contest! We were hoping to have it all done by now, but man it is a lot of work! We promise we're going to release it once we've got everything done on the back-end spectrum! We apologize to those of you waiting feverishly over there... but you know how they say 'good things come to those who wait'? C:<